Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Eat in Joy

Rina still being away, I sought comfort during lunch from another shwarma stand, this one named אכל בשמחה, and I did. The portions were generous, and the salad bar was very different from others sampled so far. Firstly, there was a self-serve eggplant bowl. Secondly, there was a salad I've never before seen but which was clearly all of the leftover salads from previous days mixed together (and yes, it was as delicious as it sounds). Lastly, they had an assortment of sauces, and the hot sauce was actually hot! It's too bad that this joint is more expensive than some of the other top-rated locations, and has almost no seating. But for a quick stop it was great.

The night's activity was watching a series of skits at Hebrew U. One of my classmates took a course in theater, and this presentation was their final project. I'm certain that I missed some of the jokes and cultural references, but it was still fun and entertaining.

No comments: